03 March 2006

 

Concert Karma

Busy week - Metro Times Blowout - $15 for all the bands you can eat. I started blowing it out Wednesday, and would have done more yesterday, but...

A neighbor knocked on my door at 7:30pm, and asked, "Do you like electronic music?"

"Yes..."

"We have an extra ticket to Paul van Dyk. Do you want to go?"

I replied with, "... umm, Yeah!!!!!"

The pause in my answer had to do with the fact that I'd have to break plans with 2 sets of friends to see the show. But I did, and they were very understanding. One went so far as to say, "I'd ditch you for Paul van Dyk too". Forgiven. :)

I drove myself down separate, as I might have other stops to make.. And the guys from across the hall seemed very interested in leaving early.

The warmup DJ's were pretty good. The crowd was thin at first, and when the warmup kids really warmed up there was som fine dancing to be had. When I stopped for my second beer, I ran into Tom and pal. It's always nice to run into your friends when you're out and about.

PvD put on a good show, and was playing for more than an hour when I wandered out. The music was great, but I just got all tranced out and had to split around 1. So I wandered back to the house of a warm, sleeping Scotte. Showered and not quite so stinky any more, I crawled in and slept well.

I'm reaching my little goal of taking my hangover to the office 3/5 days this week. w00t.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?