12 January 2006

 

neat thing

i've got an ad up on match.com. at work, we're hiring new people all the time.

today this guy, E, comes up to my desk and says, "Hi Jessica, I just wanted you to know I looked at your profile on Match.com, because I wanted to see if it was really you or not, but I'm not like hitting on you or anything."

me: ha, really? i've seen 3 other coworkers on it, so no biggie. really.

then we get to chatting. he's an avid backpacker, did some triathalons, enjoys mountain biking...

and i had to ask, "are those malas on your wrist? are you a buddhist?"

"you're the first person to notice them. yes, i've been a buddhist for 13 years. i teach classes at the zen temple in rochester."

...and a bunch of buddhist convo ensued.

that match.com place is pretty cool. no boyfriends from it yet, but at least it put me back in touch with 2 old friends, and threw me a buddhist. interessant.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?