07 November 2005

 

Iiiiiiiiiceman

Iceman was awesome. I spent most of this season getting smoked in the womens expert/elite category (i have the endurance, but not as much speed as i'd like..), and I had a serious Race this weekend. I took off good and hard, dropped a bunch of girls, then spent the first 3 miles picking off girls who were ahead of me at the line.

I was going good on my own, and this girl caught up to me. We duked it out for the last 10 miles. Every time she'd pass me I'd think of the winner's jersey, and I'd put it down and pass her again. I got into the last bit of singletrack before she did, and sprinted at the finish. I beat her! I found out later that she wasn't in my class... but that didn't really matter at the time. It was a good race and I was empty at the end. I took 4 minutes off last year's time, even though the course was ~1mi longer, won the jersey and took home my very first prize money. w00t!

The parties afterward were good as well. Bell's wasn't really hopping, but the Dark Horse girls had a good band that did fun covers. My Gin Gimlets were delicious, but it was reported to me that near the end of the night the bartender was just waving lime juice over a glass of gin and handing it to me. While I had a lot of good social interaction, I really want to find out what happened at the end of the night. My fuzzy recollection involves throwing myself and a racer from another team down on the sidewalk in the rain because he was being incredibly rude. Can anyone confirm? I'd like to think I didn't just toss myself on the sidewalk.

Sunday morning was a bit difficult, but the jug of Gatorade consumed in the wee hours really did its job, and I got the hangover worked out of my system fairly early. Another fun Iceman come and gone. I should really buy my '06 entry soon - I bet the race is going to be sold out in January this year.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?