26 September 2005

 

relax. eat. it's ok.

I'm a cyclist. an endurance athlete. mostly a mountain biker. but the cross country scene in michigan is kind of like the road scene in that it's not super hilly, and we hammer pretty fast around our dirt tracks. it's more balance, and more anaerobic punch, but it's not a huuuge difference. we all wear lycra and our jerseys are logo'd up.

there are many people among the racing community who are tremendous athletes, people whose velocity I admire and envy. I'm committed to attaining those higher speeds through racing, training, and allaround bike riding. but I'm not going to go over the edge. with any of it.

the people that I just can't take seriously, that I just somehow don't trust, are the people who never eat fast food. who don't go to the coney island every once in a while, and who will not attend the chinese buffet now and again.

don't get me wrong, these are not the most healthy options. but I think you can indulge every once in a while without blowing up to 400lbs.

I think if you don't order pizza every now and again, you're probably out of balance in the food department. live a little! get chili cheese fries.

have another piece of cake, and wash it down with a gin & tonic.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?