16 April 2007

 

Easter in Salzburg



In Salzburg I really liked the castle.





I walked through a couple of really nice parks, too:



the modern art museum was interesting, but one of the exhibits knocked me way off my axis - seeing twin towers cleanup pix in Austria was just a little too much for me. I think I had the cultural Bends for the whole week afterwards.

i did a little shopping, but mostly i enjoyed spring and the easter decorations.



salzburg was cute, more pix here, but there just wasn't enough to keep me busy for 4 days, so i cut bait and came home. i was kind of proud of myself, learning to read train and bus schedules on the fly! i'm a bit handicapped, coming from a big town devoid of public transport.

sunday i spent the afternoon lazing. easter monday i was out on the bike for what turned out to be about 4 hours.. haha. oops.

but i saw cool things, like these easter decorations:





this town in the distance:



the road winding on



and the Levi Strauss birth-house and Museum in Buttenheim. That's right. Buttenheim. hehe.



and then this easter basket showed up at my door. woo!



HAPPY EASTER!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?