15 March 2007

 

leaf ant



This is what i feel like this week. and i'm kinda proud of myself.

German apartments don't normally come with light fixtures, closets, or kitchens. I lucked out with a built-in kitchen. But the rest has been up to me.

Enter Ikea!

I had some four 2.36m closets delivered. I am about 1.7m tall. I managed to build them all up myself. uprighting them was a trick, but i managed.

the 4th and final closet body got built yesterday. all 4 are now screwed together (it took a little power drillin, but that was fun). I even managed to hang a huge heavy mirrored door last night.

now I've got to put the sliding doors on the 2 big closets and hang the second mirror door.

I had this big heavy old steelcase desk that just doesn't fit the new joint, so it got unscrewed to components and hauled down the 2 flights of stairs piece by piece.

today is Sperrmüll day, it happens in spring and fall, where the garbage men pick up big pieces of garbage - furniture, appliances and the like. I was just in time.

Comments:
Hey cool. Glad to hear your getting settled in.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?