20 February 2007

 

Nürnberg, Nürnberg, and soon more Nürnberg.

the concert last week was fab. the short story is: good show, i yelled a request, but they didn't play it. instead they dedicated their live performance of this dance to me..



woo!

so that was pretty cool. i thanked them for it afterwards, and they were all really cool guys. we did some shots, and i got a ride home from the father of an indiekid i met. that was nice, because i totally missed the last train home.

since then, I've signed a lease on the Golf, ordered closets from Ikea, and figured out that you can go into the Beverage Markets and buy a mixed case of beer. So my newest science project is Hefeweizen tasting. I picked up 20 different kinds. heh. I love science.

Looking over my list of exciting things, it sounds like a lot of the fun is acquisition, but really it's more of getting comfortable and figuring out how to make life a little less strange here.

sunday i had a good exploratory adventure! i went to nürnberg to the Germanisches Nationalmuseum. Wow, they had cool stuff. pix soon.

this thursday i'll be headed back to Nürnberg for a Thunderbirds are Now! concert.

I was asked if i'd drive an hour to see these bands, or if i'm just going to get a good home-feeling. Even in MI i had to drive 45 min to an hour to get to these shows. So it's both for me. I like the bands/music (seen both before). I hadn't been to a show since the night before Thanksgiving. that's a really freakin long hiatus for a girl who would usually take in 2-3 shows per week. sometimes more..

So now i'm finding the scene here, keeping an eye on the papers, ordering subscriptions to the Who's Doing What Where magazines for Berlin, Nürnberg, München.. I like to keep busy.

Next weekend will probably have some bike riding. I want to do a little more exploring of the surrounds. But that's very weather-dependent. I might also go looking for a couch again.. It'll be nice to have some cushy lounge-surface that's not my bed. but it probably won't get here before the eames chair comes back from the shop :( *shrug* ah well.

it's going pretty well. tonight is middle eastern food with a friend from work and her bf, and a guy i met at the Foreigner Pubnite. I'm going to ride my bike to meet them. hooray for the little things!

Comments:
What kind of job do you have?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?