05 April 2006

 

Home and On the Move

Work has been ..work. But I've translated my resume over to German, and sent it out to anyone I know in .de who might be interested. We'll see what shakes out.

I have an interview Thursday for an R&D/liason position HQ'd out of the Detroit office. I really think I want to be in Germany for a couple of years. The 4-6mos of indoctrination don't seem like enough.

It'll be interesting to talk about, though.

On the not good news side: a bunch of friends and coworkers are clearing out of MI. Miss Pia's being recalled to Germany, and another will be moving to GA.

Silver lining: If I get transferred to .de, I'll be able to hang with Miss Pia! and if the other gal is in GA, I'll have someone cool to visit in the South. So far I haven't really known anyone to voluntarily move below the Mason/Dixon. (ok, there was one guy who fled to FL after a breakup, but I couldn't really go visit him, as I'd done the breakin..)

And, Sheila's probably going to be in Pittsburgh PA this fall, which is not super far away, nor is it as exotic as her last few locales, but it might also be a launching point for further adventures. Assuming she'll be able to take a break from the hectic Grad School Schedule.

So that's it. I'm home, but trying to be on the move. Many of my pals are also on the move. Let's see where we land. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?