01 July 2007

 

coco-coffee

i don't consider myself gifted in the kitchen; i'd rather mix drinks than cook. also, i'm typically anti- kitchen appliances, usually they just take up too much counter space and don't get used enough.

that said, yesterday i bought a hot pot. it boils a liter of water in like 30 seconds. and i said to myself, heck, if we're boiling water like that, it'd be a good idea to have a french press so i can make coffee at home (i drink a lot of tea, but coffee's a once in a while thing when i'm oot and aboot).

last thursday i saw a "wife swap" program over here, in german. it was a minor triumph that i was able to look at the lace i was knitting while watching/listening and i understood everything that happened on the show. woo! my german's improving.

ok, it was absolute trash tv, total crap.. but it inspired me. there was this enormous fat woman that swapped. talk about an amazing bad example. she was enOOORMous, fat dumb and lazy. it was like MTV's Scared Straight. it made me want to eat fresh veggies and go running more often.

in the fresh food vein: friday night i made up a little chicken tikka masala, which turned out great. ingredient remaining in my fridge: coconut milk.

see where i'm going? i know, i'm a little all over the place.. so this morning i made my first french press coffee. and i thought, "what the hell? i'll try it!" and poured the coconut milk into my coffee instead of the skim milk. MMmmm.. ok, prolly fattier than the skim milk, but sooo yummy.

ah well, it's sunday..

so that's my new brunch suggestion, coconut milk instead of cream for your coffee.

shit, look at me, i'm making brunch suggestions. aaaaah!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?