30 September 2007

 

Knit Prezzies! + Projectbrag

The gal tasked with spoiling me in the punk rock gift exchange did a great job!

She sent stitch markers, fun needles, soft sage-y sockyarn, and fun bright handpainted yarn.



Best, though, were the already-knit fingerless mitts.



Woo!

Now for what I've been knitting. The Bud Hat.



I started this hat when I got the Harry Potter 7 book on tape from Mom. It's extra-thick because of the fair-isle floats on the back, and I used a fold-over Picot edge for the bottom part so my ears would be extra warm.



The yarn is from Miss Marts, I managed to get 2 great hats out of the alpaca blend she gave me for Christmas/birthday 2 years ago.

The hat was finished at the Jazz/Blues Festival in Bamberg. I sat at a picknick table with strangers, drinkin beer, listening to mediocre jazz under the stars, and knitting.

Thanks to everyone who helped bring this hat together. :)

Labels:


Comments:
I'm so glad you liked the parcel, and the mits were a fun knit! The yarn is so lovely for the autumn and spring.

xx
 
BTW, LOVE the hat! It is lovely and will be really warm.
xx
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?