08 November 2006

 

Second Stop, Matt Pond PA!

matt pond PA at the Magic Stick

Jay chaufferred, and was on the list, so I got to be +1. Cryptic Brian the Scientist showed up. He's always good fun.

The show was great. matt pond was wonderful, as usual. They make very pretty music. I danced. The CD's are good, but the live show is just extramuch.

It's funny, the show started really early, doors were at 6:30, it was all ages. when we got to the garden bowl I ordered a double gin gimlet. ooh. that's how you know it's going to be an evening! (jay drove, so I wasn't feelin too responsible) matt pond wrapped up, and straylight run was coming on. I'd had 2 double gimlets at that point. we checked our watches and it was 9:35. 9:35 and piss drunk on a Tuesday. it was perfect. then we all went to the lager house for more good bands. the Pernice Brothers were a bunch of older smoking guys who didn't look like they would, but they played beautiful ballad-y songs.

truth be told, I think I might have overdone it a bit. eating today is a delicate proposition, and it feels like the back of my head's blown open. I checked in the mirror, and it's not.

I believe I'll take a nap at lunch today. Maybe that'll put my horses back together again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?